Friday, August 01, 2008

With my freeze ray I will.....

I should be sleeping. Really, I am exhausted. Want to know what I have been doing for the last few hours instead??? Trying to find the components for a Dr Horrible costume. Why?? Because I am obsessed! What is Dr Horrible?? Joss Whedon of Buffy and Firefly fame made a 3 part "sing-along blog" for the internet. It is awesome! Act 1 debuted on the internet July 19th, and I have been hooked! I even bought it on itunes when it was no longer available on the website, which is really why I hadn't mentioned it. By the time I thought to talk about it the free option had been taken down....but it's back!!

The above picture is a link. Once you are there, click on "watch it right now". I am not sure how long it will be there for free. Go, quick, you won't regret it I promise. It is 42 minutes well spent. You can come back and thank me later. Then you too can spend countless hours trying to find that lab coat (and singing the addicting songs). To save you all precious time and sleep I did find the goggles, boots, and gloves. I think I will have to sew the coat myself. Perhaps modifying a chef coat pattern. Will Jeremy actually wear this costume?? Probably not, so plan b will be for me to be Dr Horrible. Anyone know where I can get a Neil Patrick Harris wig??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And by Hammer, I mean my Penis"

We LOVE Dr. Horrible!!!! If you want to come up here for Halloween, we can all dress up! You can be Dr. Horrible, Jeremy can be Captain Hammer, and I will be the girl (what's her name again? Penny?) That would be freaking HILARIOUS!

As for the wig, check DI. I'll keep my eyes open up here too. There is a wig shop here also...but that would be more money than you'd want to spend on a costume.

See...this is why we're such good friends. We both LOVE Dr. Horrible!

Natalie said...

Ok, so I have get to get Mike to watch it. He isn't resisting but we are just all comsumed in the move. Anyway, I have been singing the songs along with Juliana non-stop. It is too funny.

Anyway, I wish I could join in your fun for Haloween.

Nat

Lisa R.D. said...

This was too, too funny. Ryan wants to dress up too....